There have been several occasions in the past when Amazon's Prime membership prices were increased. It was initially priced at $79 per year, and most recently, the price increased to $139 annually.
How to get a free prime membership…. if you have never registered for Prime before, you can sign up for a 30-day free trial. This is an excellent way to uncover hidden deals and smart hacks to see if it's something you would like to commit to for a full year.
What is the amazon prime membership fee…. for instance, you might register before Black Friday or during the holidays to take advantage of free shipping on gift purchases, and then cancel later if not interested. If you decide to keep the subscription, it's more cost-effective to pay the annual fee of $139 than the monthly charge of $14.99.
The main benefit of Prime is free, two-day delivery, but there are additional perks such as streaming movies and TV shows via Prime Video, listening to music via Prime Music, reading books and magazines via Prime Reading, and saving photographs to Amazon Photos.
If you are a frequent Amazon shopper, Prime is a great value for money. However, if you are on a tight budget, there are strategies for lowering the cost of Prime. There's plenty of shopping and saving to do in 2024. An Amazon Prime membership gets you access to exclusive savings, shipping discounts, and member-only perks for any holiday and beyond. While a standard Prime membership is technically another monthly fee to add to your bill collection, there are ways to save big on memberships.
Whether you are a student or a senior, there are Amazon Prime memberships that go easier on your budget and help you save a lot more than you think. If you want to take advantage of the best Amazon deals, but don't want to pay $14.99 a month for Amazon Prime shopping perks, the free one-month trial will save your one-month charges. But, for more long-term savings, students can sign up for a Prime Student six-month free trial right now.
Once that ends, you will get Prime for 50% off at just $7.49 a month or $69 for an annual plan. In addition, qualifying government assistance recipients can try Prime Access, which is 53% off Prime, at just $6.99 per month after their 30-day free trial. The free 30-day Prime trial will also grant you access to Prime Video exclusives as well as the many other shopping, savings, health, and entertainment benefits that come with Prime.
We crack everything you need to know about Amazon Prime membership discounts, including how to qualify and sign up today and how to get a discounted prime membership. Members can subscribe to the perks and newsletter for daily savings on all the things they want and need.
Amazon Prime Student Discount
Students can enjoy the six-month Amazon Prime free trial period when they first join it. Then after the trial period ends, they have to pay just $7.49 a month which is half as compared to the standard monthly membership ($14.99).
There are some exclusive offers are included with student memberships, such as access to the MGM+ Amazon Prime Video add-on channel for $5.99 a month and Amazon Prime Video. Prime Student members can also access a free trial to Amazon Kindle Unlimited for digital versions of books that you can read on the go.
How Students Can Qualify for An Amazon Prime Membership Discount?
There are some steps that you have to follow to get an Amazon Prime membership student discount:
- Go to the Amazon website. Create an Amazon account to begin your Amazon Prime Student membership.
- Now provide an email address with .edu when signing up for the initial verification process.
- Enter your details. You will need to fill out Your name, Mobile number or email, and Password.
- Click on “Create your Amazon account”. Your Amazon account will be created.
- Navigate to the Amazon Prime Student homepage. You'll be able to see your complete benefits before you sign up.
Benefits Of Student Amazon Prime Membership
Students with an Amazon Prime membership can enjoy all of the same benefits as standard members including fast and free delivery on most items, access to Amazon Prime Video, Amazon Prime Music, and Prime Gaming; access to Prime Reading; early Prime member deals; discounts at Whole Foods; early access to Lightning deals; unlimited photo storage with Amazon Photos; and Prime Try Before You Buy. There are also student-exclusive deals and discounts, which could add up to serious savings this fall.
Most of the benefits will not be accessible during the trial period. But soon after the six-month trial period is finished, you will be billed annually at $69 per year and get to enjoy all the benefits without any interference.
Meanwhile, you can also opt for a month-to-month student membership for $7.49 per month. If you sign up as a student with an existing Amazon Prime account, you will get a refund on the remaining months of your Prime subscription.
Verify Your Eligibility for A Student Amazon Prime Membership
As a student, the discounted rate is effective for a maximum of four years. Whenever the account is up for renewal, however, you will need to verify your current student status. You can do this by going to "Manage Your Prime Membership" or "Manage Your Student Membership" to submit the requested documentation to confirm that you are still a student.
You will be automatically upgraded at the regular rate if you do not re-verify, but if you submit approved documentation within 60 days, the difference will be refunded. You are signed up again for the discounted rate each time from the date you provide proof of enrollment verification.
Does an Amazon Prime student membership expire when you graduate?
Unfortunately, yes…. when you can no longer verify your student status like after you graduate or four years have gone, your discounted Amazon Prime membership will expire. If you sign up before graduation, you can still enjoy the benefits until the renewal period is up. This can extend your access by several months if you pay annually, or a few weeks if you pay monthly.
Prime Access for Government Assistance Recipients
Another amazing membership program by Amazon Prime is available to customers who have an EBT card or other qualifying government assistance documentation, in short, who are senior citizens.
The rate for this membership is $6.99 a month, a savings of $8 a month when compared to a full-price membership. Members get the same Prime benefits including free delivery, access to exclusive deals and member savings, access to Amazon Prime Video, and unlimited photo storage with Amazon Photos. Meanwhile, shoppers can save up to 15% on everyday essentials and up to 20% on diapers with a subscription for recurring deliveries and use Amazon Cash or gift card payments, as well as SNAP EBT, for eligible groceries with free shipping and automatic amazon promo codes applied at checkout.
How To Qualify for An Amazon Prime Membership Discount
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) recipients can provide a photo of their complete eligibility letter.
- For SNAP users, simply enter your EBT number and upload an image of the EBT card.
- If you have a Direct Express (DE) debit card, you can submit an image.
- For a limited time, Amazon is also accepting Economic Impact Payment (EIP) debit cards, which can also be verified by providing an image.
- If you are receiving Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), an image of the eligibility letter will be sufficient.
- Image of a letter noting your participation in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP) that includes both your child's name and the name of the school.
- If you are part of the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), you can send an image of the letter confirming your participation, and the same goes for the Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) program or Tribal Assistance (TTANF).
- When signing up, just make sure that the image and all text are readable in the photo. It must also include the name of the beneficiary.
- With a qualifying EBT card or proof of involvement in an accepted government assistance program, you can receive benefits like access to SNAP-eligible groceries on Amazon Grocery and Amazon Fresh, and exclusive discounts on things like groceries and other household essentials with offers from various brands.
- Amazon also counts Medicaid as a qualifying government assistance program. Members can simply upload an image of their Medicaid eligibility letter to qualify.
So, the first step is to get an Amazon account, and then to get amazing discounts as a Prime membership, one must have to join the Prime Membership. The Amazon Prime Membership has several discounts and perks like Free Two-Day Shipping, Amazon Prime Video, Amazon Prime Music, Amazon Photos, Amazon First Reads, Kindle Owners' Lending Library, Amazon Family, Amazon Fresh and Whole Foods Market Discounts, Twitch Prime, Early Access to Lightning Deal, etc. And if you want to know how to get a discounted amazon prime membership, just go through the blog and you will get to know the ways to get discounted memberships with a few clicks.